- This event has passed.
Wimberley VFW 4th of July Pro Rodeo – June 30, July 1-2, 2017
July 1 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 6:00pm, repeating until July 2, 2017
One of the highlights of summer fun in Wimberley is the Independence Day Weekend Rodeo – on the Friday Saturday and Sunday nights before the holiday.
A Calf Scramble and Mutton Bustin’ Fun for the kids, plus food, vendors and lots of cowboys and cowgirls in action! After the rodeo stay for the Star Spangled Fireworks Show and Post rodeo dance.
The Wimberley Rodeo is such a great time for parents and kids and shows the cowboy traditions that make up such a huge part of the history and tradition of Texas.
- Gates open at 5:30. 1st Mutton Bustin’ at 7:00; Rodeo begins at 8 p.m.
- Events include: bull riding, tie down calf roping, baqareback & saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, team roping, mini bull riding, women’s breakaway roping, and women’s barrel racing.
- 2nd Mutton Bustin’ event midway in Rodeo
- 2 calf scrambles nightly: one for ages 5-8 and another for ages 9-12
- Free fireworks show nightly after the rodeo performance (weather permitting).
Rodeo Action begins at 7pm – come early for more fun!
$15 Adults $10 Kids Free for children under 5.